Tuesday 14 November 2017

How to Star Gaze OTL Style!

Hi Woofers!

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret here!

Now, have we got a story to tell you, and it didn't happen today either!

You see, OTL purchased a telescope for looking at the stars with the intention of taking photographs of the planets. However, when he wants to look at the sky, there are clouds everywhere so he can't see a thing! He has taken it away with him on every holiday and every night it has been cloudy!

Back home it has been the same, loads of cloud and when there has been stars, everyone has had their bathroom/bedroom lights on and stargazing has been totally wiped out!

Last night there was a clear sky and only two neighbours had their lights on!

Nine fifteen arrived and The Missus starts heading for bed while OTL is assembling the telescope and attaching the camera to the adaptor port!

He sets up the scope on the patio, points it in the correct direction and switches it on.

It was then that he found out that the battery was flat!

A quick rush up to the loft resulted in a mains power supply and a lead that he used for his Amateur Radio stuff all working on 12v dc as required!

So, allowing for his eyes to get accustom to the dark he peered through the eyepiece to see........nothing!

The cloud had arrived and hidden all the stars!

OTL was not a Happy Woofer!

So, he hung about for a while and out came the stars but by the time he had set up the scope again....the clouds came back!

At that point he got fed up and started dismantling the setup only to find as he got close to taking the scope off the tripod, the stars came out again!

There he was assembling it all again and he got to look through the eyepiece and saw a star, just before the clouds came back and covered the stars!

By then he was a Cold Woofer and decided that he had enough of star gazing and went to bed.

That was at midnight!

We were late in getting up this morning!

No sunrise, just clouds!

Down on the beach we had missed all our normal mates and there were some woofers we don't see too much, mostly noisy woofers who spent all the time yapping!

Just look at those Bozo's!
 Miss May had fun digging on the beach and even chased Eric down to the water edge but he got all wimpy and rushed back up the beach when a wave washed over his paws!

This is how it's done!
 Miss May was showing him that if he stood just a couple of inches back the waves wouldn't make his paws wet but by then he was half way up the beach and heading for the grassy path

Talk about Eric the Brave!

Look, they can't get you here Eric, Eric, where are you now?
This afternoon it was all manufacturing and then delivering and then off to the carrier, so Holly and I made use of the time had went into the office, curled up on our cushions and enjoyed a super snooze!

We are not sure what OTL is going to do tonight, it will all depend on the clouds!

See you tomorrow!

Luv,

Daisy, Holly, Miss May, Miss Wendy, Freddy and Eric de Ferret.

2 comments:

  1. Yo maties. Poor OTL, he has a lot to put up with, clouds, lights, cold, digging. Now I quite often see stars around 4 o clock in the morning, some mornings there are lots out there, mind I did see stars the day my boy pushed me off the sofa. I went to the vets today for my check up and the vet was very happy with me so she gave my mum my next 3 months prescription. I do like going when I only have a check up, they listen to my heart and my tummy and I get checked all over and then I get a cuddle and a treat. I was sitting in the waiting room and a lady came in and in her shopping bag she had two woofers, I asked my mum is she could get a bag like that cos it looked very cosy, but my mum reckons I'm too big for a bag. They had woofer advent calendars at the vets, they're selling them for charity, DOTS, dogs on the street. My mum says that some people and woofers don't have a house so some of the nurses take food out to the people with dogs so that the dogs get some decent scoff, anyways, don't bark at the postman towards the end of the week ;) We all had a snuggle on the sofa and watched Star Trek when I got home then me and my boy snuggled up for a snooze on the sofa but he said my snoring was keeping him awake .......... wot a cheek, moi snore???? Loved the pictures today, that Eric is getting a wimp, fancy running away from a tiddly little wave. Hope OTL manages to see some stars soon and not the sort you see if you get a smack on the noddle. Have a lovely evening and hope you get some decent muggings. Love, licks, wags and sniffs from little Arch and Mr Nipper xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that sounds a good tip from Archie, the stars are out at 4am so all OTL has to do is get up when TM does and there will be the stars, simple! Poor man all that trouble and not a picture to show us, it is good that you and the little ones give us nice pictures to see. TM goes to bed early no wonder she is up with that turbo charged broomstick zooming around. I am off out tonight so I have popped in before I leave, you stay warm tomorrow and I shall be back xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete